map-marker Washington, District Of Columbia

Gutter Repairs

I contacted Gutter Helmet several times to repair my gutter's that they installed. However, i have been given the run around asking me to leave messages for someone to contact me. I am now looking into legal action as an option.

User's recommendation: DO NOT USE THEM!!

Jonus Hck

| map-marker Colorado Springs, Colorado

Gutter Helmet improperly installed new gutters, continually misdiagnosed leaks and will NOT accept accountability for damage done…STAY AWAY!!!

Updated by user Apr 19, 2015

In all good conscious, we cannot recommend Gutter Helmet after their blatant mismanagement: professionally, ethically and legally. After doing business with Gutter Helmet, water damage started to appear. We later discovered that Gutter Helmet’s install was not done prop...

Updated by user Jan 08, 2014

We originally had our old gutters replaced due to water leakage with new gutters through SEMCO's Gutter Helmet. Our sales representative, Linda Radunsky, had the installers Zac and Scott install new gutters. After the install we continued to have water leakage, so we...

Updated by user Dec 23, 2013

I have received a few requests to update my Gutter Helmet review with more information and hopefully this will answer any unanswered questions.

After posting my original grievance with the company, Gutter Helmet, we received no communication or assistance from the...

Original review Nov 02, 2013
We went with Gutter Helmet due to it’s so called, “respectable reputation,” however our experiences with the company have been nothing short of a nightmare! We paid a premium price for Gutter Helmet and expected a high quality product and install; however that’s not what we received.

After install of our new gutters they would not drain water correctly and leaked constantly! We called them out to fix the problem since they guaranteed a “10yr. warranty on parts/labor,” and yet they still failed to fix the problem!? Now, one of the co-owners (Vicki Byerly) stated, “We would be taking care of and they would make things right with us and honor our 10yr.

warranty…don’t worry!” However, when her husband the other co-owner came out to my home (Kirt Byerly) he refuted everything his wife said previously! He told me that he would not honor my warranty!? I’ve never heard of a company voiding a previous contract/warranty before!? This man was very inconsiderate and showed me he did not care whatsoever, even after admitting the gutters were not properly installed!

Kirt Byerly would not offer any help or reconciliation; not even an estimate of work needed!?

He also went as far as to tear down a port of my gutter of my garage during inspection and walked away, until I told him to fix the damage. Gutter Helmet has scammed us out of $1200 and would advise everyone to take your business elsewhere!!!
Loss:
Guest

I have one damaged five foot strip on my home and they want $800 to install one piece. The company says they have a minimum charge. What a rip!!!

Larry Taylor
Home Improvement Expert

According to PissedConsumer, Gutter Helmet reviews created a 2.0 rating for the company out of a possible 5 stars. Customers left 163 Gutter Helmet reviews which were used to compile this rating on PissedConsumer.

Customer service tops the list of things real customers didn’t like about the company. There is only one resolved issue.

If you need any assistance, you may try to reach out to the Gutter Helmet top management team directly via the Contacts tab on PissedConsumer. You may also share your experience with other Gutter Helmet consumers via the company social media to get a faster response from the company.

Guest

Thanks for all the info about GH. I feel like I dodged a bullet and constant stress of a problem that could have be easily resolved.

The "General Sales Manager" is a joke. Poor customers service, lies and she interrupts you over and over again.

This attitude prompted me to investigate the company on the internet and found the other negative reviews. I will not use this company although they installed the system several years ago (improperly, according to a roofing inspector and 2 roofers).

Guest

Thank you for posting your experience with Gutter Helmet. I was going to have them do my house.

Thanks for saving me all the bad experiences you've had with all the people in this company.

I'm sorry for your family and the disrespect and unprofessional ism you received from this company. This is the type of thing that gives the contractors and the construction business a bad reputation.

Guest

I commend your valiant effort sir! But, it is quite clear that GH has no real intention in fixing your gutters that they themselves installed incorrectly, which dumbfounds me?

I cannot understand why GH thought it was in their best interest to screw-you over? It’s unfortunate, for you went above-and-beyond what any normal person would’ve done to mediate the situation.

As others have stated, you do have a strong legal case against them and would advise you to take them to court at this point. Thank you for the review and GH will not be receiving my business either.

Thank you for the review! Gutter Helmet will not be getting my business. :(

Guest

My husband and I have dealt with Kirt Byerly of Gutter Helmet in Colorado Springs and if anyone deserves to lose their business it's him. Kirt Byerly is a sleazy business owner and is completely untrustworthy.

He lied to us on several occasions concerning Gutter Helmet's product quality, overall price and warranty coverage. Mr. Byerly must have thought we wouldn't research it for ourselves? This man was very unfriendly and inattentive to our needs.

We do not recommend him or Gutter Helmet.

Guest

Chelsea Welsh should be relived of her duties immediately! I'm shocked being a National Marketing Manager for Gutter Helmet Mrs.

Welsh has been allowed to act in such a manner? Mrs. Welsh's conduct is completely unprofessional and unfit to hold a managerial position. No wonder why so many people are angry with Gutter Helmet with individuals like Mrs.

Welsh managing. Why offer aid to these homeowners and never do it? Only to demand these homeowners sign your crazy documentation before they receive a "professional install" by Gutter Helmet that should've have been done in the first place. Mrs.

Welsh also continues to comment on their post; even after she stopping all communication with the homeowners- a real classy lady? Mrs. Welsh is an incompetent fool and Gutter Helmet's lack of service and/or professionalism will remain in the toilet with managers like Mrs.

Welsh running the show. :(

Guest

Wow! Gutter Helmet and Southeastern Metals misconduct is sickening.

I’m angry just after reading this review, so I can only imagine the homeowner’s frustration. PLEASE, DO NOT SIGN ANYTHING! If Southeastern Metals wanted to do ‘right’ by you and your family they would’ve done so already. Mr.

Scott’s lack of follow-through is a more telling sign that they don’t care and cannot be trusted. Trust me, if you sign their paperwork you will lose any legal stance for a lawsuit and will be liable to uphold Mr. Scott’s absurd requests. Personally, it would give me greater satisfaction paying a legitimate company to redo my gutters and leaving my complaints up and running knowing that thousands will read it.

The readers can be the judge.

Gutter Helmet and Southeastern Metals seems like a nightmare corporation to deal with and is the #1 reason why I would never do business with them.

Jonus Hck

Mrs. Welsh's statement that our gutters were not affiliated with Gutter Helmet in anyway is untrue.

We only dealt with Gutter Helmet and NOT a subcontractor; our sales receipt ONLY states Gutter Helmet. Also, our warranty guarantees a "professional install" backed by (you guesses it) Gutter Helmet! Where the other company Mrs. Welsh states, JPM Enterprises, as the gutter installers was ALSO OWNED BY SOUTHERN COLORADO'S GUTTER HELMET!!!

How do I know? I have had several discussions with Colorado's Secretary of State and it was confirmed. THIS IS ALL PUBLIC RECORD!!! Here it is: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/TradeNameSummary.do?quitButtonDestination=BusinessEntityResults&fileId=200********&masterFileId=200********&srchTyp=TRDNM&entityId2=200********&nameTyp=TRDNM.

I will be filing a formal complaint with the Attorney General's Office and the Bureau of Consumer Protection Agency if Gutter Helmet/SEMCO continues to be uncooperative upon this matter. I have spoken with Mr.

Smith of Gibraltar Industries who informed us that Mr. Scott of Gutter Helmet/SEMCO is now willing to discusses this matter further, so I'll keep this post updated to any future changes.

View more comments (101)
Mary B Mbo

| map-marker Millersville, Maryland

They did not honor their contract

Gutter Helmet - They did not honor their contract
Gutter Helmet - They did not honor their contract - Image 2
They promised you will never have to clean your gutters again. Our gutters were full of debris which caused a major flood in my den. They denied our claim. They stated we didn't maintain it. There is nothing in the contract that stated we needed to do that, plus they guarantee you never have to clean your gutters again.
Loss:

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: I would NOT recommend this company

Mary B Mbo

| map-marker Wilmington, Delaware

Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty.

Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty.
Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty. - Image 2
Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty. - Image 3
Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty. - Image 4
Gutter Helmets did not live up to their triple life time warranty. - Image 5
Leaves, needles and debris clogged my gutter which caused a major flood in my den. They would not cover the damage. They stated I did not maintain them. According to the contract is ways you never have to clean your gutters again. They promise put their promise in the contract and they FAILED. It cost me a lot of money to fix the damage.
Gevork Sgt
map-marker Bellingham, Washington

Poor customer service

Gutter helmet had a huge disconnect between what the salesperson wrote and what the contractor expected. The contractor could not even begin the job due to a safety issue.

I agreed. We never heard back from gutter helmet. I called and emailed and was consistently given the run around. I cancelled the job and then gutter helmet had the absolute audacity to tell me what they were going to do with my house.

The regional manager finally called me and of course tried to bully me and shout me down and consistently tried to over talk me while telling me gutter helmet was coming we there we like it or not. I told him to f-himself and confirmed again the job is cancelled. Then he threatened me with withholding my deposit.

Run around stalling tactics, intimidation tactics, bullying and threats. Poor poor customer service.

User's recommendation: Not recommend

Lakya Jse

| map-marker Federal Way, Washington

Plugged gutter helmet

Plugged gutter helmet
Plugged gutter helmet - Image 2
Called local gutter helmet support services. I was informed theres a $50 fee to come out and clean plugged gutter due to gas prices. I was assured when I made my purchase that any issue with the gutter helmet system or plug gutters they would come out and resolve free of charge. So much for gutter helmet logo never clean your gutters again. Unless you pay a service fee to have a technician come out.

User's recommendation: Still waiting for Customer support. Probably will not recommend product due to customer service.

Walter S Fjg

| map-marker Pataskala, Ohio

Bad service on installation

Started gutter install on 5/5 started job about 4:00 did half of gutter install and said they ran out of gutter material and would be back first thing Monday morning 5/8. Waited all day for installers no phone call or anything.

I finally called company and was told they did not have any gutter material and would have to order it. Really a gutter company that does not have white gutter material? Vary poor excuse for not finishing job. Was told they would not get the material to finish job till Friday 5/12.

I an vary disappointed in this customer service.

For what I paid for this I would have expected professional service. Would not recommend Gutter Helmit...

User's recommendation: Would not recommend Gutter Helmit

map-marker Jacksonville, Florida

Proof these guys are scammers

Gutter Helmet - Proof these guys are scammers
Gutter Helmet - Proof these guys are scammers - Image 2
Gutter Helmet - Proof these guys are scammers - Image 3

PLEASE DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCAMMERS Gutter Helmet of North Florida

DO NOT do business with this company, they are frauds, liars and dishonest. Sales rep came put and stated that there company has been slow for the past several months and that they needed to make numbers.

Sales rep asked what number do you need to be at to move forward. I initialed that if the owner agrees to this price point would you contract us and I initialed and said yes. Never received a call back or email. When I opened the contact that was sent to me it stated that I contracted the company to install gutters and they used my initials in 4 different places.

When I called to find out they said that they cannot cancel a contract. The general manager called me twice and threatened me both times saying that I better pay them and if I didnt they would put a lien on my house. No work was performed or agreed upon. Attaching email responses to show proof what frauds they are.

The contract clearly says that they can release me if they want to buy but they chose not to. Again be careful and mindful of this company. They try to sell you on there impeccable reputation which is why I called them in the first place because of google reviews.

Its all fake, its a scam. Scamming people for the holidays to make numbers.

Cons:
  • Not professional
  • Dishonest
  • Liars

User's recommendation: I DO NOT RECOMMEND

Tamara D Xvs

Verified Reviewer

Terrible customer service. Treating customers like criminals

We had gutter helmets installed on our home and love the product. We had our house roofed and the installers threw away the brackets to put them back up with.

We tried multiple times to purchase the brackets and was told that our name could not be found in the system so maybe the product wasn't gutter helmet, and they could not serve us.

We asked for a sales representative to come out and give us an estimate for the back and asked him to bring some brackets with him, and we would purchase them from him.

When he arrived he was mad because he thought he was coming out in a wild goose chase for trivial reasons and that we were indeed not going to purchase the product for the back.

He also said that the company he worked for took them out of his car before he left, so he couldn't give them to me or sell them to me:

He did confirm to the company, not to us because we already knew, that the product was indeed gutter helmet, and we obviously had to purchase it from the company because it's the only one that sells this product.

That should've been the end of it. We ordered gutter helmets for the back despite the fact that were being treated like lying schemers.

We requested to purchase the brackets now that it was confirmed that we indeed did have the right product, and we had made an order, which seemed to be the main goal of this bracket hostage situation, and were promptly informed that we could indeed not lie have the brackets until the back was installed. Again, treating us as liars and schemers. We asked how long it would be before they could be installed and was told it would be 6-8 weeks.

We at this point said that we didn't want to order anything if we couldn't purchase the brackets prior to installing the new gutters.

This has gone on too long.

Our gutter helmets still lay on the ground and our house has gotten water in it twice since the gutter helmets have been down.

I wonder if there is liability for the damage to my home should it flood again.

I am not trying to get a warranty.

I am willing to pay all charges. I just need the brackets to hold up the gutters that I did for sure purchase from gutter helmet whether the paperwork can be found or not.

It is not my job to keep up with gutter helmets records. The proof of my purchase is in my front yard and in 100s of pictures of the front of my house. It has been witnessed by a sales representative and duly noted.

This is one of the worst service experiences I have ever encountered.

Not only would service not be provided but suspicion, accusation and greed has so far ruled the day. We are people of our word.

We simply wish to put our gutter helmets back onto our home and are willing to pay any cost. Sounds reasonable to me.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: Keep up with all paperwork and get everything in writing.

Guest

Should of never left the roofer touch it!

Guest

I lost my warranty when I had a new roof installed. My roof was only twelve years old. Gutter Helmet was installed wrong on top of shingles causing leaks causing me the cost of a new roof.

View more comments (1)
map-marker Atlanta, Georgia

Fraudulent Warranty/Performance Claim

Gutter Helmet offers to resolve any clogging or gutter issues for the lifetime of the product. Calls to the company requesting service for issues generated empty promises and no service calls. Confronted the Sales Reps at a local home show in the midst of their spiel. They made a show of telling me they would get help as soon as possible, same results - nothing!!!

User's recommendation: Check existing customer references to see if they live up to their claims

Guest

I want a company I can RELY on!

Lifting off

Gutter Helmet - Lifting off
Inspector came to my home , 1st words were they are not gutter helmets product. 30 ‘ needs to be repaired. Told him I have the original bill and brochure see attached . Inspector said it needs to be replaced at a cost of $800 to $900 dollar for the 30’ I told him I expected to pay something but not full price since their product failed. Inspector said it was damage from roof replacement. The roof has never been replaced. Then it was act of god. What happened to the lifetime warranty. Stay away they will find some kind of excuse to not fix their product.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution

User's recommendation: stay away do not back their product

map-marker Fredericksburg, Virginia

New Roof Installed

ORIGINAL CONTRACTOR ESTIMATED $4,500.00 TO TAKE OFF AND PUT BACK ORIGINAL GUTTER HELMET THAT IS NOW 17 YEARS OLD. IT IS NOW FADED AND WOULD NOT LOOK WELL WITH THE NEW ROOF AND GUTTERS. REPLACED WITH NEW GUTTER GUARD SYSTEM.

User's recommendation: CHECK OTHER SYSTEMS, MANY NEW AT FRACTION OF THE COST.

DOUGLAS E Onm

PLUGGED GUTTER

WHEN THEY TOOK MY MONEY FOR INSTALLATION THERE WAS A PROMISE THAT SHOULD THEY BECOME PLUGGED SOMEONE WOULD COME OUT TO TAKE CARE OF THE PROBLEM. MINE HAVE BEEN PLUGGED FOR GOING ON 5 WEEKS NOW AND HAVE NOT HEARD FROM THEM. THEY DON'T TELL YOU THAT SOMEONE HAS TO BE WORKING IN YOUR AREA TO TAKE CARE OF IT IF ONLY I HAD KNOWN THAT THE SERVICE WAS THIS LAX I WOULD NOT HAVE PURCHASED THE PRODUCT

Preferred solution: UNPLUG MY GUTTER

User's recommendation: THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE PURCHASING AND DELAYS FIXING PROBLEMS

Stephen L Igu

My gutters needed cleaning

I have had Gutter Helmet for several years, but they get clogged. I called about three weeks ago and was scheduled for a cleaning this past week (July 2, 2020. No call and no one showed up.They can't even honor their guarantee much less place a call to say"a reason why they did not show up. I would think twice before giving my money to Harry Helmet!They can't even honor their guarantee much less place a call to say"a reason why they did not show up. I would think twice before giving my money to Harry Helmet!
Pros:
  • That they were to keep me from having to clean gutters
  • Salesperson

Preferred solution: clean my gutters

User's recommendation: Don;t buy their product if they do not live up to their guarantee.

map-marker Walker, Minnesota

Instalation od gutter helmet

Micheal and Jared did an excellent job on our instalation of the Gutter Helmet. They were professional and knew what they were doing.
map-marker Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Dissatisfaction

No leaves go in but neither does the water. Looked like Niagara falls

User's recommendation: Don't waste your money. Very expensive

Guest

EXACTLY CORRECT WATER RUNS OVER OUTSIDE GUTTER FACE.

Brands Related to Gutter Helmet

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article