I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15
Just like most products, if it isn’t installed proper you will have problems. Of course Gutter Helmet has its network of certified installers. But as in anything “Timing is everything”. If a poor business or one of your fly by night local companies happens to slip through the cracks and take on the Gutter Helmet dealership in your town it hurts the good ones around the country. I know corperate strides to do its best to hose down any fires that others have started.
That being said here are the most common reasons people have problems with Gutter Helmets:
#1 .Someone else removes and try’s to reinstall them is the number 1 problem by us. Don’t let a roofer tell you they can remove and reinstall it if they are not a certified Gutter Helmet installer! They can’t even reroof it without removing. The system has to be removed and reinstalled for both roof and gutters to perform proper.
Roof traffic, Painters, siders, exterminators or your satellite guy steps all over them or leans their ladders on them.
Falling tree or ice damage from upper dormers onto lower roof lines.
An end cap got missed by installer. (TOTALLY under warranty)!
Winter ice removal. Again, the system can handle up to 65# a sq foot. Our 7 foot hit here in Buffalo exceeded 100# a sq foot.
No one has ever rinsed the nose of it off. Think about it, if you never washed your car what will it look like in 5 years? Same goes for your siding, gutters, shutters, windows and yes, Gutter Helmet. But only from ground level. Stay off the ladders!
IT’S NOT Gutter Helmet! We go to service calls that people think they have the “Gutter Helmet” product. We get there and it’s a knock off or something someone told them was Gutter Helmet. Confusing the public is the competitions goal. Sometime they succeed.
Gutter Helmet. I have had mine since 1990. On 1 side I have ash and maple trees and only had to rinse them 1 time since I owned them. On the other side I have pine trees and I rinse off 2 times a year. BUT I HAVE NEVER had to get up and clean out that muck since 1990! Now we can control Ice with Helmet Heat. The first heat and helmet combo jobs were done here in Buffalo in 1993 and are still working.
Your gutters protect your foundation. Don’t trust them to just anyone.
President; The Gutter People of WNY Inc.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Performance of product
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Reliable warranty
- Product or service
- Positive Experience
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "Dear Tricam Industries and Tractor Supply, You are welcome to contact me to discuss the attached and below failure of your product.Model GW0865D-1 I will forward you all the pics..."
- "On August 31st, my sink was clogged and i contacted Plumbing Rescue after my efforts to undrain the sink failed. They came out the same day and had to..."
- "We followed the manufacter instruction last year when we applied deck over to our old deck. The deck looked beautiful. After this passed winter and the beginning of summer the..."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "I shopped in Emeryville California Ikea store and opted for home delivery service. This store is about 35 miles from my house in Dublin CA. Delivery was scheduled for 01/11/2016..."
- "So, like many Americans, I took part in Black Friday. While stocking up on various items, I went to the skinstore.com to get some face lotion (Epionce Renewal Facial Lotion)..."
- "An agreement was made to install 6 rooms,a hallway and a stairway in my home with carpet on may 21st.The manager called 3 days in advance to tell me the..."
- "this person has sent nasty rude emails to us and has not paid for equipment he was sold and has stolen photographs fro our website - i would advise anyone..."
- "Ordered the dress on the left, I was assured that this was the dress I would receive in a live chat. When I received the dress the dress..."