I have read several letters on this forem as to Gutter Helmet problems and service. 6/29/15
Just like most products, if it isn’t installed proper you will have problems. Of course Gutter Helmet has its network of certified installers. But as in anything “Timing is everything”. If a poor business or one of your fly by night local companies happens to slip through the cracks and take on the Gutter Helmet dealership in your town it hurts the good ones around the country. I know corperate strides to do its best to hose down any fires that others have started.
That being said here are the most common reasons people have problems with Gutter Helmets:
#1 .Someone else removes and try’s to reinstall them is the number 1 problem by us. Don’t let a roofer tell you they can remove and reinstall it if they are not a certified Gutter Helmet installer! They can’t even reroof it without removing. The system has to be removed and reinstalled for both roof and gutters to perform proper.
Roof traffic, Painters, siders, exterminators or your satellite guy steps all over them or leans their ladders on them.
Falling tree or ice damage from upper dormers onto lower roof lines.
An end cap got missed by installer. (TOTALLY under warranty)!
Winter ice removal. Again, the system can handle up to 65# a sq foot. Our 7 foot hit here in Buffalo exceeded 100# a sq foot.
No one has ever rinsed the nose of it off. Think about it, if you never washed your car what will it look like in 5 years? Same goes for your siding, gutters, shutters, windows and yes, Gutter Helmet. But only from ground level. Stay off the ladders!
IT’S NOT Gutter Helmet! We go to service calls that people think they have the “Gutter Helmet” product. We get there and it’s a knock off or something someone told them was Gutter Helmet. Confusing the public is the competitions goal. Sometime they succeed.
Gutter Helmet. I have had mine since 1990. On 1 side I have ash and maple trees and only had to rinse them 1 time since I owned them. On the other side I have pine trees and I rinse off 2 times a year. BUT I HAVE NEVER had to get up and clean out that muck since 1990! Now we can control Ice with Helmet Heat. The first heat and helmet combo jobs were done here in Buffalo in 1993 and are still working.
Your gutters protect your foundation. Don’t trust them to just anyone.
President; The Gutter People of WNY Inc.
More Review Details
What I liked
- Performance of product
What I disliked
- Reason of review:
- Reliable warranty
- Product or service
- Positive Experience
- Review category
- Household Services
You May Also Like
- "My mother purchased Samsung Frig model RS22HDHPNSR/AA on back in June of this year from hhgregg. It is now October and the unit is as dead as the proverbial..."
- "Stephen Pate seems like a nice enough guy when you first meet him. He comes across as very knowledgeable about motorcycles. He spins yarns about all the people he knows..."
- "On December 4, 2014, we signed a purchase order with 50 Floor to remove existing hardwood floors and carpet in our home and to install new hardwood based on the..."
- "I almost don't even know where to begin with this uneducated, unprofessional, disgrace of a company- but I'll try my hardest to accurately relay my disgusting experience in the hopes..."
- "I purchased a Photo Booth from this Man, one of many alias's he uses. Well that is where the nightmare begins. The product was not well built many broken parts..."
- "OMG. I wished I had found these reviews before I had them build this hellhole room. Should have done better research. My roof also leaks very bad. They came out twice..."
- "The bottom line - Nest makes fantastic, state-of-the-art, reliable products. I own 2 of the thermostats and just installed 5 outdoor nest cams at $200 / cam. The problem is..."
- "I have experienced roaches in the lockers at La Fitness at 1833 La Cienga Los Angeles Ca 90035. Each time I have informed the management staff that was on duty. Yesterday Oct..."
- "Took my little girl to Claire's today. We walk into the store and a sales person made sure to tell us the entire store was buy 3 get 3 for..."