North Richland Hills, Texas
1.2K views 2 comments

Update by user May 08, 2015

Still no word from ANYONE at Gutter Helmet.Researched the product and found out that they are made by Southeastern Metals Mfg.

Co.

Inc, Jacksonville, FL but they claim they only make the "Helmet" and not the gutters.However, my contract has the Gutter Helmet name and logo, and claims to use only “Gutter Helmet ® panels, brackets, end caps, diverters, fasteners, and accessories.” Since the yahoos that installed my gutters are now out of business (wonder why), I am just S Out of Luck.

BEWARE OF GUTTER HELMET, THEIR WARRANT IS MEANINGLESS.

Original review posted by user Apr 28, 2015

I had a GutterHelmet dealer replace the gutters on my house 3 1/2 years ago. They are now laying on the ground. The dealer is now out of business (no wonder). I emailed a request for warranty work but didn't hear anything back, so I called Gutter Helmet. They refer another dealer, over a hundred miles away, but they refused to do the warranty work and suggest I call a local dealer to redo them AT MY EXPENSE. I called and talked to someone at the call center and she advised she was going to forward my complaint to the GutterHelmet offices, that was a week ago. I have yet to receive any response as yet. I just emailed them again, we'll see if anyone responds to my complaint.

I would diffidently not refer or recommend Gutter Helmet to anyone. They were prompt to install the materials, grab the check, but left all of the old material on the lawn for me to dispose off.

Review about: Gutters.

I didn't like: Warranty, Service call.

2.3
Service Scheduling
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Warranty issue / $1000
Preferred solution Let the company propose a solution

Had an Experience with Gutter Helmet?

Comments

I would like to add to the list of complaints about Gutter Helmet.

I purchased Gutter Helmet 3/6/14.

A few months ago rain water started gushing over the gutters in one location and causing big puddles on the ground below.I have called for service at least five times and always get the run around.

I'm told they will have someone call me back and they never do.

The last time when I actually talked to a person they said they were sorry but they were backed up four to six weeks, at that time, on calls.

I just now tried to contact the salesman that sold me the Gutter Helmet and all I got was a recording "leave a message".After reading these comments from other customers, I have a feeling that my problems with Gutter Helmet are just beginning.

Just installed heat in gutter helmets .Got bill of 400.00$ over normal bill for March in Mi.

Will be removing helmets gutters,heat. No ice dams until gutter helmets installed,had heat added in fall of 2014. They work,but who can afford electric. Sound never recommend installing these unless you are very rich.

They have a hard sell song and dance and are your best friend.Warranty is on product only,not labor what a rip off,lesson learned