Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2.2K views 3 comments
Featured on Facebook 100% full Not resolved

Well, I just got done removing the last of the Gutter Helmet (GH) from my house.It did keep the leaves out, but it also kept the water out so the water just landed along the house.

Related: Gutter Helmet - "Never Clean Your Gutter Again" - HA! HA!

The slot between the GH and the gutter plugs up routinely. In addition, they clearly state that the product is warranted for life. I had a section of it crushed by ice (ice cycles are another problem).

The GH person came out and said that I needed to have 8' replaced and that it would cost hundred of dollars for the repair!When I asked about the lifetime warranty, he explained that the FINISH of the GH was warranted but not the GH itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GH is a total waste of time and money.

Review about: Gutter Helmet.

1.6
Turnaround Time
Service Scheduling
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Gutter Helmet Gutter Guard
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not as described / $1800
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Gutter Helmet?

Comments

John
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1320938

I install this stuff and based on the pics it installed wrong.There should be a gap between the helmet and the gutter because there should be brackets holding it up.

if that gap is closed yes it will make the product not work at all. i have been installing this stuff for 10 years. it may not keep "everything" out of your gutters but 98% won't go in and it comes with a lifetime warranty.

Any problems are suppose to be fixed asap.Sorry this happened to you.

AnonMouse

This product actually CAUSED more flooding than just having leaves in the gutters alone would have caused.Tiny holes that are only in the back instead of along the WHOLE thing to allow more water in?

Nope.Seriously, a layer of mesh would do the job a heck of a lot better than this waste of money.

Cranston, Rhode Island, United States #1187185

I bought a house that had GH already installed.They used it as a selling point.

Never in a million years would I recommend this stuff. For one thing, it doesn't keep anything out. Not even birds nesting in it! Absolute garbage.

Don't waste your money.

Tomorrow I am calling the local installer and asking how much to have it removed.